CLICK ON EITHER CALENDAR ABOVE TO PRINT PDF.
What is a Freestyle Session?
A freestyle session is a 50-minute session specifically for Training Figure Skaters, where the general public is not allowed on the ice. You can purchase Freestyle Ice time from Jacksonville Ice personnel.
Coaches Tickets can be purchased at front desk. These sessions are generally used in conjunction with private lessons or for extra practice by skaters already taking private lessons. Freestyle sessions are for serious practice; playing should be done on public sessions.
There are general rules and policies that must be followed when skating on Freestyle Ice.
Advantages to a Freestyle Session:
- Fewer skaters on the ice
- Private lessons available
- Use of the full ice surface
- Ability to play program music
- More sessions to choose from
- No restrictions on elements that can be practiced
- Opportunity to work on program choreography, dance and field moves